Madison Grant Logo
Skip to Main Content
Madison-Grant USC Home
United School Corporation

Registration and Immunizations

If you’re new to the area and need to register your child for school, or if you have a child who will be entering kindergarten in the fall, we welcome you! Please visit the school your child will be attending; the office staff can provide you with the necessary registration paperwork. When you come to register, please bring the following documents with you:

  • Child’s original birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Proof of residency (though we will not deny a homeless child based on lack of proof of residency)
  • Court papers allocating parental rights and responsibilities or custody (if applicable)

Students transferring from another school must have an official transcript from the previous school in order to receive credit from that school. If the student does not have an official transcript at hand when enrolling, our office personnel can assist in obtaining the transcript.


We require students to be up to date on immunizations as mandated by the Indiana Department of Education. Indiana law allows exemptions for medical or religious reasons but not for philosophical objections. You can read more about immunization requirements and exemption specifications in the document set forth by the Indiana Department of Education, found elsewhere on this page.